Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where have I been?

Well - on the knitting front, there hasn't been much going on. I decided to put down the needles for a while to get some much needed reading done.

One book in particular that I have enjoyed reading...Blue Like Jazz...forgot the author, but highly recommend it for anyone searching for that God book....God finally talked to me the other day...after reading this book. I'm a changed woman.

I've been lazy with knitting...I have so many projects to do...I see it sitting there, calling out my name...telling me to come over and just rub the yarn...it might make me want to pick it up...but no...I fight the urge.

I did pick up my paint brush...for the first time. My husband bought me a painting set for Christmas last year as I was finding my "artistic" side...BTW - I have no artistic side....

After finishing the book, Blue Like Jazz, I was on a plane and looked out the window and had my conversation with God. The next day, the mood struck to capture that memory and alas, my first painting...it is called, Airplane Window...

I know, I'm a beginner, and the painting doesn't sit well with me...I'm going to go back and fill in more clouds and the moon....I'm not really a pink girl...but I just felt the urge to paint it.



So, the knitter has taken a break from the knitting....just to explore some other hobbies and get some soul searching out of the way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that I love the painting. It really looks nice. Hang it in the bedroom we stayed in so I can look at in next time.

Joan said...

I love the painting and the inspiration!

Come see what I am reading now. ;-p